Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beauty Blender


I am not quite sure how I ever lived without this wonderful little make up sponge.  Never been a fan of foundation brushes, or most make up brushes as a matter of fact. I have always used my fingers, as I find that gives a much more natural look to make up and have always found it is easier to apply.  The beauty blender is the first ergonomically designed make up sponge made to give your foundation an airbrushed appearance and also allow for a much simpler/quicker application process.  As I do with most beauty products I hopped on to makeupalley.com and Sephora.com (where it’s sold) to read reviews. It was hard to find any reviews under 5 stars for the Beauty Blender (a major rarity in the beauty world).  It seems to be loved by all…makeup artists too!  I immediately ordered it and have been using it the past week.  All I can say is WOW.  This is a little pink miracle.  Not only did it cut my application process in half, but my foundation looked flawless and dewy.  I am in love!  Will never go back to fingers again.

To use: Wet first and ring out excess water. VERY important! It will not work properly unless moist. This will help from absorbing and wasting your foundation as well.  Apply foundation in patches around face with fingers and then bounce the blender around using the pointed end. It’s that simple!  They're a bit pricey, but should last about 3-4 months it cleaned every few days with a gently facial cleanser.  A two pack at Sephora is $25.00.


 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Bq5dnD7PYME/TEPoMX1y4-I/AAAAAAAAACU/o44uhIIYVzs/s1600/MakeupForeverHDFoundation.jpg

 The foundation I use is a mix of Make Up Forever HD and Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse. I mix about a dime size amount of the Maybelline and one light pump of the HD together with my fingers. I used to use the HD alone, but have discovered this creates the perfect color and consistency for my tone and skin type. 


No comments:

Post a Comment