Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Experiment

I was never fond of New Year resolutions.  I always had the mentality if you're going to do it, then just DO IT. But JUST because it is a whole new year is a little easy. Whether it's to save money for that trip, get fit or try a a a cooking class, who needs a new year for that? However I do feel it is important to set goals and to give your self time to mature, experiment and maybe even mess up in order to accomplish what you set out to do.

Now that I have that off my chest, one my rather fun and experimental goals the past couple months has been in the beauty department. Most stylish women have a uniform they fall back on as sort of a signature look whether they are in a hurry, feeling lazy or just what they feel comfortable in.  I feel like this is the same for makeup as well. I know I have a definite go to look simply because I feel most like myself and it is short and sweet in the mornings .  My everyday usually consists of a bare lid with some smudged in black liner, flicked up a bit into a cat eye with mascara to top it off.  My face is a BB cream followed by a peachy cheek. Lips I tend to stick with the nude-pinky colors smudged in for that worn in effect. And who can live without Benefit high beam? I will never give that up.  Lately I  have been really inspired to try some things, starting with my eye makeup.  Here is a link to my Pinterest board face candy with some looks I am loving right now.  I realize a lot of these won't work for everyday, especially in the work place, however I can tone a few down to my level and see where it takes me. And dying to try a few for a night out.  Below are some of my favorites. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment