I often get questions on my beauty routine and my favorite beauty buys. I am a firm believer that beauty starts internally and what you eat and how you treat your body will reflect not only in your weight, but also your skin and hair. I will reveal my 'internal' beauty secrets in this post and save the beauty products for another.
Cut out all dairy. I love almond milk and would never go back to dairy milk. Trust me on this. Your skin will improve and you will feel 100% better. Many studies have show a link between break outs and or acne with dairy. After much research I have also determined that adult bodies are not intended to digest dairy properly as infants are.
A few of my weejky staples are:
1) Coconut oil; Take a few tablespoons a day. (Also have not purchased lotion or hair conditioner in over a year as coconut oil makes skin baby soft and hair shiny and full of body!)
2) Almond milk: Natural and no hormones that can be found in soy or dairy. I love the original, unsweetened 40 calorie. Perfect for making almond milk lattes, YUM.
3) Cod fish oil supplements: Haven't had a cold or flu in a year and it keep skin and hair glowing. (buy a high grade found at vitamin stores, I use Carlson's)
4)Salmon: great for skin, hair, and overall health. A true brain food!
5) Green tea: full of antioxidants and increases metabolism.
6) Water with lemons or limes.
1) Pilates: Love Pilates for streatching, posture, relaxation and toning.
2) Zumba: I am addicted! Ever since I starte Wii Zumba I can't stop. The most fun form of work out I have experienced. (I LOVE, love to dance).
3) Treadmill/Dog walking: I alternate between taking my pug Gizmo for an hour long walk and doing a walk/run on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes.
4)Weights and resistance bands: Toning and squatting is important to keep it all tight!