Monday, January 20, 2014

Beauty Talk

I wanted to share a few of my favorite beauty and skin care products with you guys.  I will admit I am a bit of a skin care junkie and after years of experimentation I have found some really great products that are a part of my routine. My #1 rule is to always wash your face at night no matter how tired you are.  I love Aveeno Clear Complexion. It's gentle, but effective at keeping blemishes away and evening tone/texture.  I love the Ren Clear Calm Clay wash because it is all-natural  and gentle. I use this with the Clarisonic Brush a couple times a week in the shower.  Thayer's is my favorite toner because it is alcohol-free and the witch hazle helps keep soft.   At night I never skip my vitamin C moisturizer. I love Lumene for my face and Avalon Organics for eyes. Most importantly, I always use a moisturizer with sun screen every morning. Cetaphil is a staple that does the job and doesn't irritate skin.                                                                   


A few extras I like to keep in rotation.....Michael Kors Sporty Citrus is a light and go with anything fragrance. I absolutely loathe anything super sweet so I tend to go for subtle.  E.L.F. makeup mist is not only amazing at keeping your makeup to stay put, but it's a great refresher in the afternoon when you need a pick me up. I keep it stashed in my desk!  EOS is the BEST lip balm I have come across. I always swipe some on right before bed.  Burts Bees tinted lip balms are my got to lip colors.  I use a similar color lip liner to line and fill my lip and layer the balm over. Rub in with your fingers, blot and done. Perfect done-undone lip color.  And of course, an important part of any beauty routine, hydration! I am completely addicted to the cucumber water from Fresh and Easy.

My absolute favorite beauty staple is coconut oil.  I use it as a leave in hair conditioner, skin moisturizer a few times a week, teeth whitener and in my smoothies. Make sure to use extra virgin (unrefined) to reap all the benefits.  Living Foods is the best brand I've found so far.  Another kitchen staple that I have found multiple uses for is baking soda.  I add a little to my shampoo once a weeks and it gets all the product build up out of your hair.  I also add a pinch to my face wash in the shower a couple times a week. Baking soda is the best way to minimize pores and to keep skin soft.  Over the past year I have really become a BB cream convert.  I found that foundation was just to heavy and cakey for my skin.  Garnier's oil-free BB cream gives just the right amount of coverage without feeling heavy.  I am SO obsessed with St. Ive's new spray on lotion. It is very light and goes on easy when you are in a rush and never feels greasy. Leaves my skin soft and smooth.

Just as important as topical treatments, I believe what we put in our bodies shows on the outside.  I take vitamins on a daily basis, and a couple I can't live without is Carlson's Cod Liver Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar tablets Barlean's Essential Woman Oil is a great way to keep skin glowing and hair shinning.  Trust me, you will notice a difference within a couple weeks.  I love to put a tablespoon in a probiotic drink or in my smoothies every morning.  Kevita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks are so delicious and you would never think they were full of vitamins (available at Whole Foods).

I hope you guys enjoyed my beauty picks. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment